Specialty out-patient clinic providing comprehensive assessment of the domains associated with aging to identify factors that can improve health, maximize independence and safety and optimize quality of life.
Active engagement with community partners and agencies and close collaboration with clients and caregivers ensures client needs are met during this complex stage of life.
The interprofessional team is led by a Geriatrician and includes a clinic coordinator, occupational therapist, registered nurse, physiotherapist and pharmacist. The clinic uses a consultation-based approach with follow-up to address geriatric issues and linkage back to the referral source or primary care physician.
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment of the domains associated with aging; cognition, function, mobility, mood, complex medical and psychosocial factors;
- Assessment of restorative potential including referral to programs and development of home exercise programs;
- Diagnosis, health teaching and supportive counseling regarding current and future needs;
- Review of medications to optimize outcomes;
- Client-specific recommendations regarding health and social factors including: mobility, home safety, exercise, bone health, diet, continence and caregiver stress;
- Education, referral and linkage with community partners and agencies.
To download a brochure on the clinic, click here.
Funding: There is no cost for this service.
Individuals 65 years of age or older who have:
- Changes in memory, thinking, mood, personality and/or behaviour;
- Experienced a recent decline in ability to manage daily activities;
- Experienced recent falls or changes in balance or mobility;
- Multiple medications and/or multiple chronic health conditions;
- Repeated Emergency Department visits;
- Unexplained weight loss or new incontinence.
This non-crisis service is also helpful for care givers experiencing stress while caring for a relative and who would like information about local community services and long-term care facilities. The service is provided at no cost to seniors.
Contact our clinic to obtain a referral form. Referral forms need to be completed by a doctor or nurse practitioner and faxed to our clinic coordinator.
Interpretation services can be organized if needed.
Download the referral form here.
Telephone: 416-243-3600 Ext. 2281 Fax: 416-243-3907.
We do not offer crisis services.
The clinic operates one afternoon weekly.
Clinic coordinator is available Tuesday – Thursday for further information and assistance.