West Park Healthcare Centre's Frail Seniors Transition to Home (FSTH) program is a transitional program that supports seniors to prolong their independent community living by improving functional abilities, and enhancing their health and wellness.
The program is geared towards seniors whose goal is to return home and who can transition there within 4-6 weeks.
- As part of our program, Seniors will be seen by our interprofessional team and Geriatrician. Patients and families will collaboratively develop their goals of care to enable the patient to return home to independent living.
- Upon completion of the program, patients will be provided with referrals to community supports and geriatric follow-up as needed.
Funding: The cost of the service is covered for patients with a valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) card issued by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Patients of West Park's FSTH are adults (65 years of age and older) who:
- Have an established discharge destination in the community;
- Have impaired pre-morbid functioning with recent acute decline/deconditioning, but not bed-bound;
- Are medically stable (not requiring acute intervention/monitoring);
- Have the ability to tolerate a minimum of 30- 60 minutes of therapy 3-5 days per week;
- Have sufficient cognitive ability and motivation to participate in therapy.
A physician referral is required. To find out more on how to refer, visit here. To access the relevant referral form, click here.
For admission information, please call the Admitting Department at West Park Healthcare Centre at 416-243-3632, or email email@example.com.
For additional Frail Seniors Transition to Home information, please call 416-243-3600 ext. 2135.
The cost of medical and professional care in standard ward accommodation (where four people share one room) is covered for patients with a valid Ontario Health Card issued by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care requires an additional daily complex continuing care co-payment, which is subject to change (a 30-day notice of increases will be provided).
Additional fees are charged for semi-private (two people per room) and private (one person per room) accommodation. Details on co-payments and preferred accommodation are available from West Park's Financial Services Department at (416) 243-3600, ext. 2074.