helping ensure independence
Occupational Therapists (OTs) are registered professionals who work with individuals to help them be as independent as possible in Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as well as in vocational and leisure pursuits.
Our Occupational Therapists can:
- Assess an individual's functional performance of ADLs such as self-care ( i.e. bathing, dressing, etc.) and domestic activities (i.e. household chores and home maintenance);
- Assess and prescribe devices and equipment for self-care activities;
- Identify barriers to ADL performance with the goal of restoring function;
- Assess in home adaptation/modification;
- Assess and prescribe specialized mobility aids including manual and power wheelchairs, seating and positioning devices, walkers and scooters to help with mobility and seating problems;
- Assist in Return to Work through physical demands tests; providing analysis and recommendations for the adaptation of the workplace environment; and assess workplace ergonomics.