UPDATED March 24, 2023
Pandemic restrictions are gradually lifting in the Toronto area. Below is a summary of the current measures:
- Masks must be worn by everyone when inside the hospital.
- Masking for employees is now optional in staff-only areas of the hospital.
- There is a limit of 2 visitors at the bedside. Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult.
- Under some circumstances, visitor restrictions may be required (i.e. outbreaks).
Physical Distancing & Consumption of Food
- When eating or drinking, physically distance to the extent possible and reapply masks immediately after. Visitors are reminded to eat in the cafeteria only and not in patient rooms.
Patient Leaves of Absence
- All Leave of Absences (LOAs) must be approved by the medical team.
- Upon return, patients will be screened for symptoms and asked about COVID-19 contacts. Isolation will not be required if the patient passes screening.
- It is strongly recommended that patients visit with friends/family members who are fully vaccinated and avoid visiting with anyone who is sick or experiencing COVID symptoms.
- Patients will be asked to follow public health recommendations to wear a well-fitting high quality mask when in indoor public settings and practice frequent hand hygiene