For a larger view, click on the image
From approximately Thursday, November 25 to Friday, November 26
, a portion of Buttonwood Ave. will be closed as construction workers are working to install and connect utility lines to the new hospital.
What’s the impact?
The partial closure of Buttonwood Ave. will result in a detour for vehicles accessing the Main Entrance and both the Staff and Visitors Parking – South Lot:
- To access the Main Entrance, drivers must turn onto the East-West Road (Entrance 2), drive south (first available left turn) through the South Parking Lots, and then drive west (right turn) on Buttonwood Ave.
- To access the Staff/Visitors Parking – South Lot, drivers must turn onto the East-West Rd. (Entrance 2) and make the first available left-turn into the South Parking Lot.
During working hours, there will be a flag person at the corners of Charlton Settlement Ave./East-West Rd. and on the East-West Rd/South Parking Lot. During off-hours, there will be signs directing drivers to the Main Entrance.
Please also note:
- Leave extra time when arriving for and leaving West Park to account for construction congestion that may occur.
- The construction will not impact the sidewalks along Buttonwood Ave.
- The temporary Designated Smoking Area in the Visitors Parking – South Lot will not be impacted.
- Only residents living west of Buttonwood Ave. and Charlton Settlement Ave. will have access to Buttonwood Ave.
- After Nov. 11, Buttonwood Ave. will be open but reduced down to one-lane. Refer to Construction Alert issued on October 14.