• Internationally recognized expertise in the management of chronic respiratory disease, with a focus on the application of rehabilitation and long term ventilation
• Specialist, West Park Healthcare Centre's for Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Chronic Assisted Ventilatory Care (CAVC) Services; These services offer in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation and the full spectrum of care for individuals who require ongoing mechanical assistance to help them breathe
Areas of Expertise
• Respiratory Medicine
• Respiratory Rehabilitation
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• Long term ventilation
• Health Related Quality of life
• Victoria University, Manchester UK
• Research Fellowships, University of Toronto and the University of California in
• Professor of Medicine and Physical Therapy, University of Toronto
• Chair, West Park's Research and Education Council
• Respirologist, University Health Network
• Graduate Program Rehabilitation Science
• Tom Petty Distinguished Pulmonary Scholar Award conferred by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation in recognition of outstanding contributions to the science of exercise and the treatment of pulmonary disease.
• The Samuel J. Sills Distinguished Scholar Award from the Trudeau Society for outstanding contributions to respiratory rehabilitation.
• Founding Scientific Chair, Canadian COPD Alliance and Canadian Respiratory Conference
Sample of publications
• Lee AL, Zabjek K, Goldstein RS, Brooks D. Systematic Review of Postural Assessment in Individuals With Obstructive Respiratory Conditions: Measurement and Clinical Associations. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2017;37(2):90-102.
• Lee AL, Harrison SL, Goldstein RS, Brooks D. Pain and its clinical associations in individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): A systematic review. Chest. 2015;147(5):1246-1258. doi:10.1378/chest.14-2690.
• Goldstein RS, O’Hoski S. Telemedicine in COPD: A time to pause. Chest. 2014;145(5):945-949. Epub 2014/05/07. Click here
Dolmage TE, Goldstein RS. The effects of one-legged exercise training of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Chest. 2008;133(2):370-376.