• Staff physician in the Centre’s Amputee Rehabilitation service
• Provides care to high performance athletes (able-bodied and Paralympic)
Areas of Expertise
• Amputee Rehabilitation
• Paralympic Medicine
• Sports Medicine
• Degree, Medicine, University of Toronto
• Diploma, Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Board Certified, Electromyography by the Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists
• Sports Medicine Physician, Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario
• Staff Physician, Amputee Rehabilitation Program
• Assistant Professor, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto
• Physician, Canadian Wheelchair Curling Team
• Physician, Wheelchair Basketball Canada (men’s and women’s teams, national academy)
• Physician, Swimming Canada, High Performance Centre Ontario
• Lead Physician, Aquatics, 2015 Pan American Games
• Lead Sport Medicine Physician, Athletes’ Village Polyclinic, 2015 Parapan American Games
• co-Chief Medical Officer, 2017 Invictus Games
• Rehabilitation Trends after Lower-Extremity Amputations in Canada. Kayssi A, Dilkas S, Dance D, de Mestral C, Forbes T, Roche-Nagle G. PM&R. May 2017. Vol 9. Pages 494-501.
• Does Size Matter? Examining the effect of obesity on inpatient amputee rehabilitation outcomes. Vivas L, Pauley T, Dilkas S, Devlin M. Disability and Rehabilitation. 2016 Feb 17: 1-7.
• Impact of Increased Prosthetic Mass on Gait Symmetry in Dysvascular Transfemoral Amputees: A Randomized Prospective Double-Blind Crossover Trial. Moylan B, Paner R, Pauley T, Dilkas S, Devlin M. Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics, 2015, 27(2): 63-7.